The Makers’ Monthly Market starting 20th September

Patricia Freeman
👍

Sun 23 Sep 2018, 07:56

The next one is indeed on 25TH OCTOBER due to the Harvest Festival supper. We were delighted with the reception for the first one, lots of people, lots of shopping, lovely buzz. We need to improve a few things... but overall great. There will be more emphasis on crafts leading up to Christmas.

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2018, 12:14 (last edited on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 12:16)

It would be especially helpful to have it in the Business section since the next Makers' Market does not seem to be at the advertised time of the 3rd Thursday in the month. This is October 18th & the Harvest Supper Day.

It could also be added to the events list as it does not yet seem to be there. Not everyone uses Facebook, or Instagram etc!

The Market was great by the way, and I look forward to the next one (on October 25th?). Congratulations to all concerned.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2018, 11:55 (last edited on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 12:00)

To help people like K. Harper, would it be useful to have an entry in the Business section of this website? You can also find 'The Makers' Monthly Market' on Facebook. It's all there.

But there are no details of another market, either on this website under Events, or on Facebook. Let's hope there will be another before Christmas.

K Harper
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2018, 08:42

Trying to find more information about this and the date of the next one, please.

George Ogier
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2018, 07:40

I came home with two kinds of chilli sauce, scotch bonnet biltong, the best salsa I've ever eaten and some amazing sourdough bread. What a great event and thank you to all the stall holders and organisers,

Lydia Ridding
👍

Thu 20 Sep 2018, 21:31

It was such a great event. Thank you to the organisers. Already looking forward to the next one!

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Thu 20 Sep 2018, 21:04

Thank you so much for organising this. I loved it. Almost sold out of bacon. Still just a 8 packs left if anyone wants any. Call at the Curiosities, 39 Sheep Street. Thank you all the lovely friendly people too. So many people stopped to chat. Even one vegetarian had several free samples.. X

Leah Fowler
👍

Thu 20 Sep 2018, 20:42

What a great new event in Charlbury!

Eranga Hadirampela
👍

Thu 13 Sep 2018, 22:17 (last edited on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 22:18)

Hi Guys, We are really excited about this. You will all be able to try some Sri Lankan cuisine!

visit www.ceylon.house for more info about our journey and menu for the day.

Katharine Di Clemente
👍

Thu 6 Sep 2018, 12:57

Really excited about this. Going to bring my 3 year old and 11 month old along with me as they love a picnic bag... and I love a child free 5 minutes to browse the clothes and have a drink!!

Patricia Freeman
👍

Mon 3 Sep 2018, 17:04

I had a wonderful food tasting yesterday of vegan Sri Lankan food. Cooked by Eranga and Katrina Sohrabian they are coming to our market with 'Ceylon House'. There was a wonderful variety of tastes...spices...coconut milk... Tells us what you gave us Katrina.

Patricia Freeman
👍

Fri 31 Aug 2018, 09:26

We are focusing on children with some really lovely stalls selling clothes and there will be a children's play area in the green room and picnic food in little bags

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 28 Aug 2018, 12:56

Looking forward to it

Patricia Freeman
👍

Tue 28 Aug 2018, 11:58

We're getting geared up for the first one. The food has been tried and found to be fabulous- there are pictures on our facebook page. It will be slow cooked brisket, cooked in Guinness in a brioche bun and Thai cabbage salad. Not sure what's on the menu for the kids. I know we have fun little bags ready for the food to be put in.

Patricia Freeman
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2018, 08:49

You can get a stall by contacting me. It's a farmers market with a few craft stalls mainly related to food. But we are thinking of having a very crafty one in November in time to catch the Christmas market.

Rachel Gallagher
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2018, 21:37

What a wonderful venture for Charlbury - very exciting

Clare Carswell
👍

Mon 13 Aug 2018, 18:44

Sounds great, how can local arts and crafts makers get a stall please ?

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 8 Aug 2018, 18:24

I think it's a great idea. Unfortunately I shall be away for most of September (but here for the Street Fair).
I look forward to visiting in October.
Many thanks to the organisers.
Hannen.

Kati Eidenbenz
👍

Wed 8 Aug 2018, 11:44

This is such a wonderful idea. I love the idea of supporting local food and businesses... Really looking forward to September.

Patricia Freeman
👍

Wed 1 Aug 2018, 12:35

The food will be locally sourced as are all the stalls taking part. The idea is to help local small businesses, and to bring them to a place where local people can find them. Of course food for smalls will be there....it will be really exciting

Georgia Styring
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2018, 21:05

This sounds great. Really looking forward to the first one!

Katharine Di Clemente
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2018, 14:54

How exciting! We will definitely be there, perfect start time means I can bring both of my girls before bath and bed time! :)
Will the food be locally sourced and will there be anything for young children? Sounds brilliant.

Patricia Freeman
👍

Tue 24 Jul 2018, 17:11

An exciting new venture is starting on the 20th September in the Memorial Hall. It is an monthly evening market from 5-8pm. There will be a bar, pop up street food...the chef Fabio is talking about slow cooked brisket cooked in the wood fired oven when Deep has finished baking. There will be food stalls and craft stalls some pottery. Keep it in mind and come and see what you think.... and tell your friends.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.