charlbury to paddington and back

graham W
👍

Fri 9 Nov 2007, 16:14

A friend of mine finds it cheaper to ask for Return ticket to Evesham or Kingham (inc Tube) from his address in Essex and get off at Charlbuy - FGW please explain. In addition when I commuted to Rugby it was cheaper from Charlbury then it was from Oxford!?

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Fri 9 Nov 2007, 08:38

If a cheap fare is available from Hereford, can you buy this and only travel from Charlbury? Why should we be charged more for traelling less!! OK I know the answer really:
supply & demand + FGW = higher cost

marion hebblethwaite
👍

Thu 8 Nov 2007, 17:48

First great western have just told me that the feedback they received says there is NO demand for cheap advance fares to Charlbury only for cheap walk-on fares. However you can get a cheap leisure advance fare from Paddington to Hereford from £5 (subject to availability). What is being done about increased trains? Nothing. Perhaps it is time to lay back the old line and passengers wouldnt have to stand for their minimum fare of £20.60.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.