Steam Train Saturday 16th June

Charlie M
👍

Sat 16 Jun 2018, 11:15

Absolutely magnificent. Remembered about it as I was returning from shopping in Witney, and watched it from Finstock Bridge. Sadly I was trying to take photos with my phone as well as watch it, and I am not good at that sort of thing, but I got one reasonably decent one!

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 16 Jun 2018, 09:57

Is it part of the new GWR stock we've been hearing about? How long did it take to train [sic] you?

John Dora
👍

Fri 15 Jun 2018, 16:37

At 10.03AM 60009 'Union of South Africa', a streamlined A4 class designed by Sir Nigel Gresley and similar to world speed record holder 'Mallard', is scheduled to pass through Charlbury heading to Worcester. Check its progress with Realtimetrains here: www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U62536/2018/06/16/advanced
Information about the locomotive (affectionally known as 'Number 9' can be found here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LNER_Class_A4_4488_Union_of_South_Africa
...Oh and I drove it once!! Toot Toot!!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.