Changing GP

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 12 Jun 2018, 09:10

You can also sign up for the free online service and book your own appointment with the GP of your choice, on a day and time to suit you. Forms at reception. Works on PC and smart phone. I use the Evergreen app.

Victoria Chan
👍

Mon 11 Jun 2018, 15:16

Oh thanks. I didn't know you could book appointments in advance. Yes, that will be helpful for people who work as you can then make arrangements with employers. I also didn't know you can just turn up from 8:30-10:30. Thanks all! Hopefully things will get better with new GPS starting.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 6 Jun 2018, 11:23 (last edited on Wed 6 Jun 2018, 12:07)

You can also turn up 8.30-10.30 any weekday morning and be seen without making an appointment.

Helen Chapman
👍

Tue 5 Jun 2018, 17:44

Hi Vic, you can book appointments in advance for the afternoon - usually it will be for a week or two ahead. Also, as you work, you can call the afternoon before from 4pm to book an early appointment for the next day.

G Clarke
👍

Tue 5 Jun 2018, 12:07

Chipping Norton Medical Centre takes Charlbury residents: https://www.chippingnortonhealthcentre.nhs.uk

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 5 Jun 2018, 11:50

There's an Open Day at the Charlbury Medical Centre this coming Saturday. (See Events.)Why don't you go along & ask more then.

Since a new GP is starting in Charlbury next month (with an advert out for a 2nd new GP), things should in ease up at the Charlbury Surgery, but I do think you can register elsewhere -- if you can find a practice willing to take you on. The link about it is here: https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/doctors/Pages/patient-choice-GP-practices.aspx

Victoria Chan
👍

Tue 5 Jun 2018, 11:25

Does anyone know if we could change our GP to the one in Witney or elsewhere? It's just so difficult to see my GP here in Charlbury Medical as they are so short handed and also it is a real inconvenience not being able to book an appointment in advance.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.