What bird is it?

stephen cavell
👍

Mon 30 Apr 2018, 07:24

Have you tried listening to the BBC daily 'Tweet of the day'. If you are not listening at 0555 each day then zap Google and listen to stored tweets whilst looking at photos of the birds and learn something of their habits.

Claire Wilding
👍

Sun 29 Apr 2018, 10:13

Hello, I just wondered if anyone knows which bird it is that makes a sort of scraping sound? Just a single note and it sounds like machinery.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 28 Apr 2018, 15:43

Yes, it's a great tit - noisy little thing too!

Naomi Berger
👍

Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:04

Sounds like a great tit. https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/great-tit

Miranda Higham
👍

Sat 28 Apr 2018, 08:57

I immediately thought blackbird,especially as you hear it in the evening.

Alison O
👍

Sat 28 Apr 2018, 07:44

Robin alarm call?

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 28 Apr 2018, 07:42

Could be a blackbird, they make a distressed sound as a warning, hope someone knows as I would like to know too.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 27 Apr 2018, 22:08

I can't seem to find which bird makes a sound like a metal hammer striking a piece of metal - tink tink tink. Quite loud around Centenary Wood most evenings on our mutt-walk. Not a yellowhammer - little bit of bread but no cheese. I found a website called british bird sounds but it won't work with my computer's web browser (tried working through 14 finch species but links didn't work mostly) Any suggestions?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.