Woodstock Road, Oxford roadworks starting May 8.

James Styring
👍

Sun 22 Apr 2018, 12:11

Nigel, just keeping chatting to the deckchairs!

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 20 Apr 2018, 18:31

I have a letter which was sent out to people in Oxford that gives all the details. If you want a copy it is easier for me to e mail it to you so contact me on liz.leffman@oxfordshire.gov.uk

nigel rosser
👍

Thu 19 Apr 2018, 18:24

Many thanks. Sadly, from reading what scant information that is there, the works by the old Radcliffe and the carriageway maintainance scheme are two different beasts. 18 weeks is a heck of a lot of works.

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 19 Apr 2018, 18:12 (last edited on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 18:12)

This is the page about the roadworks, but it's not very informative: www2.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/woodstock-road-projects

It looks as if it's maintenance work & linked to the junction with the old Radcliffe infirmary site. Neither Stagecoach or the Oxford Bus Company is warning about the work, so it may not be too bad -- despite the large notices.

Stagecoach is, however, reporting that Banbury Road is closed overnight from 8.00pm until 6.00am until Saturday 21st April 2018.

nigel rosser
👍

Thu 19 Apr 2018, 17:47

Large signs outside Oxford say 18 weeks of roadworks start along the Woodstock Road on May 8. Does anyone (Liz L?) have any further information, please. I spoke to someone at the council but I might as well as chatted to my garden furniture for all the help he was able to provide. Obviously this alleged closure would have massive implications for all transport users in the area, not just cars driving into Oxford.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.