This year's firework display at the Cricket Club

Derek Collett
👍

Sat 27 Oct 2007, 21:16

Alex: my understanding is that there will be just one display, beginning at about 7 pm, but hopefully appealing to all ages.

Alex Westbury
👍

Thu 18 Oct 2007, 20:17

Sorry, didn't mean aimed 'at' the children, really meant 'for' the children!!!

Alex Westbury
👍

Thu 18 Oct 2007, 20:15

Will there still be a display aimed at the children?

Deleted user
👍

Thu 18 Oct 2007, 15:51

Derek, I believe the display will be backed up by music just for the firework display which will last approx 22 minutes. Apart from no alcohol (but soft drinks and hot drinks available) it will be bigger and better than last year! This could be the catalyst that helps the new pavilion to be built!

John Munro
👍

Mon 8 Oct 2007, 19:00

Why should the lack of music and alcohol affect the evening? :-)
If people do want a drink, then they can always call in on one of the 4 local pubs before and after the event...even I can go without a bit of alcohol for an hour!
We will certainly be there...and then retiring to one of the pubs afterwards.

Derek Collett
👍

Sun 30 Sep 2007, 21:40

On behalf of Charlbury Cricket Club, I would like to advise people that there will be a slight change to the annual fireworks display this year. Because of problems with our premises licence as a result of the flooding of the pavilion in the summer, we regret that it will not be possible to sell alcohol or play music at this year's event. Therefore, we propose to hold the display on Satuday November 3rd without alcohol or music. In all other respects the event will remain the same, i.e. there will be a bonfire and a barbecue and we hope to sell cold (soft) drinks as well as tea, coffee, hot chocolate and soup. We have already placed a very large order for fireworks and the display itself looks set to be as spectacular as in previous years, if not more so.

We hope that the alterations to this year's display will not come as too much of a disappointment for everyone and that you will all come down to the cricket field and enjoy what promises to be a very exciting evening. The alternative would be not to hold the display at all but we assume that the people of Charlbury and the surrounding area would not want that! Your views would be appreciated in the run-up to this year's event. Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.