Suggestions for train journeys.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 09:19

yes Evesham a very enjoyable place to visit and they also have boat trips now sure when they start or timings

Alan Cobb
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 09:04

You could also try Evesham, which is 36-40mins away. There are the Abbey remains to see there and a riverside café.

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 14:14

Tuesday is Market Day very swinging, lots on Google

Cheryl Hanrahan
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 12:35

She's actually been on a trip on a steam train in Wales but never a normal train. Moreton it is then. Thanks everyone. Off to check the weather forecast to see if there's a dry day any time soon.....

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 12:22

Yes, Moreton's good - there's a kid-friendly Ask pizza/pasta restaurant on the main street. Playground at the north end of town in the field opposite Budgens, and you can quickly get back to the station by the footpath down the side of Budgens.

We once took an excursion to Birdland in Bourton-on-the-Water by taking the train to Moreton, then the (Pulhams) bus from there to Bourton. Needs a bit of planning to get the times right but a great day out.

Or there's Worcester, which is an hour away and full of interest (not just the shops, but the cathedral, river, canal etc.) - Foregate Street station is right in the city centre.

Trains to Moreton and Worcester go from the far platform at Charlbury station, over the bridge. Don't forget the little one travels free!

Peter Kenrick
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 11:04

How about Moreton-in-Marsh. 18 mins journey. Lovely place, lots of cafes etc.

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 11:00

www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/
Open every weekend, next weekend is steam trains!

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 10:48

Morton in Marsh

Cheryl Hanrahan
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 10:25

I've never caught a train from Charlbury station so I've no idea where I could get a train to from there but I'd like to take my nearly three year old on one just for fun. Not looking to go far, so can anyone suggest a destination no more than approximately 45 minutes where we can get off, have a spot of lunch and a wander before returning home please? Not Oxford though. Somewhere she's not been to.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.