Tete-a-Tete narcissus

Gareth Davies
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 22:22

Hi Peter I have included a link to the page I found,it could be frost damage but it has been particularly wet so I would look at a fungal as a likely cause.
thedaffodilsociety.com/wordpress/a-guide-to-dafodils/pests-diseases/

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 18:37

Frost damage from the recent cold weather? Applegarth has plenty of frost damaged plants of all types, including narcissii.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 17:22

Thank you gareth/ I am aware of smoulder, ut this usuelly attacks the base of the plsnt asnd would be unlikely to attack the whole batch in exactly the same way ie dieback of the foliage from the top downwaRDS. i tried the daffodil society web site but founf nothing on diseases.

Gareth Davies
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 22:30

Hi,I'm not a gardener but you might want to look at the daffodil society website at pests and diseases it sounds like a fungal disease called 'smoulder' . Hope it helps.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 09:38

This may not be the correst place to raise this iddue, but here goes.
I always grow this variety of drarf early narcissus because it is usually generous in flower, long lasting and usually persist from year to year. But this year alot of mine are showing dieback of foliage and few very short flowers, whilst others are behving normally. I think, but am not certain, that the affected ones are new bulbs and I saw some at Yarnton nuseries looking the same. Is anyone else having a similar problem as I would like to investigate this with the RHS?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.