Cricket club fundraiser

Dave Oates
👍

Mon 24 Sep 2007, 14:53

Thanks to those who came and supported the gig at the Memorial Hall - we raised over £800 for the Cricket Club appeal.

However, it was very disappointing that there weren't more people there. I appreciate that not everyone would have liked the bands (although they were very varied in style!) but I feel it is important to have these events well supported, not just for the fund-raising aspect, but also to keep things alive in the Town. There are a hard-core group of volounteers in Charlbury that give up massive amounts of their time for free, whether that be for the Street Fair, CADS, The Shed, Riverside Festival, the Football teams etc etc etc and they deserve supporting in their efforts. Indeed, last Friday night, the sound crew took half a day off work, spent most of the afternoon setting up and worked through till after midnight and they didn't even live in Charlbury!

If the support isn't forthcoming, those things that make Charlbury the place it is will evenutually die and we will become the same as every other quaint little village with no real heart and soul. I for one wouldn't want that to happen.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.