Litter

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 13 Feb 2018, 18:16

Thank you Philip for your service to the community. I guess we could all do a stretch outside our own homes and keep the place cleaner. Not sure what we can do about the tossers to get them to change their behaviour.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Mon 12 Feb 2018, 20:28 (last edited on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 20:32)

Congrats to the H&C team, but to slightly widen the "Womble" thread, most wintertimes I litter pick a section of Spelsbury Road. This year that amounted to 4 bags 25Kg size. What struck me was that most of the litter was snack / takeaway food related. We must be 1 McDrive away from either Witney or Banbury! Beverage containers were fairly evenly split between plastic water bottles, Red Bull and Stella Artois. Could this information be usefully used to profile the typical "tosser"? and target the relevant age group(s) / types? :-)

The worst thing about this is that the section of road is within 200 metres of a lay-by with a litter bin emptied regularly by WODC!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.