House & Carriage wombles

Yvonne Arnold
👍

Fri 16 Feb 2018, 13:46

Well done House & Carriage. Ping me an email next time and I will see if I can pull together a Ditchley crew to help.

Charles Schmidt
👍

Thu 15 Feb 2018, 09:44

Thank you everyone for your kind words but most of all your support. We were bowled over by the amount of rubbish we collected and that was just on about 10 miles of verges into Charlbury. We were also bowled over by the number of people who have pledged their support and would like to join us next time. Given the level of interest we will definitely be doing this again and on a grander scale. February is a good time for the obvious reason that the grass is short and litter more obvious so we will get our thinking caps on for making a really organised event this time next year. You may well see us out again in the next few weeks so if you do please toot and give us a wave.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:35

A nice Witney Gazette piece on this, with photos: www.witneygazette.co.uk/news/15992784.A_LOAD_OF_RUBBISH__Two_firms_collect_mountain_of_garbage_in_town/

This is good publicity for House and Carriage, and very well deserved!

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:07

Thank you, Tom and Charlie. The District Council is responsible for clearing litter on the roadsides (which they are clearly not doing with any degree of regularity) and I will suggest that we invest in some "tosser" signs at the next environment committee.

Lisa Hadfield-Law
👍

Wed 14 Feb 2018, 11:23

Well done for reminding us. I shall go up the Ditchley Road tomorrow

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 13 Feb 2018, 18:18

Yes thank you House & Carriage - brilliant. Someone has asked me if we can organise a litter pick on the land at the side of the station footpath, but I have to say, it's very steep there and I'm not sure how it could be organised. A very long hand-held litter-picker?

John Werner
👍

Mon 12 Feb 2018, 21:53

Stand up ovation from me!!!?'?

michele marietta
👍

Mon 12 Feb 2018, 13:51

Thank you Tom and team. The community is better for you and your company.

Helen Holwill
👍

Mon 12 Feb 2018, 13:49

Wonderful stuff. Thank you. And definitely food for thought.

Miles Walkden
👍

Mon 12 Feb 2018, 13:29

Saw you guys out there. Thought you were all doing community service! We will make sure we use you guys when we move soon, as a direct result of your actions.

Tom Skelton
👍

Mon 12 Feb 2018, 09:03

Thank you all for noticing, that means a great deal to us. There is apparently a new craze called 'Plogging'....picking up plastic (or any litter) whilst jogging! I prefer the walking variety, but it's food for thought for all of us when we are out enjoying our beautiful surroundings.

Helen Bessemer-Clark
👍

Sun 11 Feb 2018, 22:12

I noticed the litter picking with delight too, - but sadly some "tossers" obviously didn't get the message and half way along the road inside Ditchley, in front of the foot pathway towards the house, where one can park, were a whole heap of beer cans and rubbish. Tom and Charlie's influence meant I had to clear it up but if anyone sees this again, please inform Ditchley management..

Paul Rassam
👍

Sun 11 Feb 2018, 18:19

Thank you, Tom, what a fantastic thing for you all to have done. I wish we could adopt that Australian road sign!

Peter Bennett
👍

Sat 10 Feb 2018, 19:49

Lots of bags by the Witney Road on Thursday, and two lads hard at work. You've certainly made a difference.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Sat 10 Feb 2018, 16:09

I noticed the bag on the road out to Burford and was thankful without knowing who to direct it at - now I know! Huzzah for all your team and your hard work. Much appreciated.

Tom Skelton
👍

Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:32

Thank you Mark. Charlie, myself and all the boys spent six hours picking up litter from four out of the five roads into Charlbury (sorry Chalbury Road...we'll get to you!). We collected 120 bags (biodegradable!) from the verges and roadsides, as well as enough car parts to build a new one. Our Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty is now a bit bit more outstanding.
Charlie informs me that in Australia they have road signs to deter littering with the words 'don't be a tosser' Food for thought.....๐Ÿ˜‰

Mark Sulik
👍

Fri 9 Feb 2018, 11:04

Well done Tom and Charlie - and all the Staff - great community support - let's hope the coummunity continue support you

Philippa Phelan
👍

Fri 9 Feb 2018, 10:23

I was very surprised and impressed to see a group of volunteers from House and Carriage picking up bags and bags worth of rubbish along the Woodstock to Charlbury road yesterday. Well done and thank you!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.