Canoe/Kayak?

Craig Richardson
👍

Fri 28 Sep 2007, 21:39

Dear Hugh
I've had a couple of Charlbury locals ask me about my posting, what do we do next?

Pete
👍

Sat 15 Sep 2007, 19:21

Excellent! Cheers everyone, just posting to let you know i havent forgotten Hugh! Its been a busy few weeks but I'll be in touch in the near future hopfully! Thanks

Hugh Belshaw
👍

Sun 26 Aug 2007, 21:06

I am pleased to inform anyone interested that the Charlbury Canoe Club is still active (just). One hut was burnt down by vandals just before the floods and many of our boats were destroyed. The other hut survived despite being broken into and seven boats taken up to the weir. These were duly recovered with some difficulty but two set of paddles went missing. The flood picked up the remaining hut but thankfully set it down again just one foot nearer to the river. There is now a strip of grass inside the hut which was outside. Apart from the fact that all the boats are filthy and the doors are hard to do up, everything is OK. There has not been much activity on the water this year because it seems to be cold and wet every sunday - also I have been visiting my wife in the JR every day for the last 3 months.
However I am always keen to take to the water and if anyone wants an outing just give me a ring on 810130 an we will see what we can arrange.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2007, 20:24

Hugh Belshaw's number is in the phone book (or www.bt.com).

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2007, 15:45

Sorry about the mistake - yes Jane is secretary of Angling Club - knew it was something to do with water!! I have asked her and she doesnt know who is. Perhaps Malcolm Harper may know as its near the Cricket field. Or Roger Clarke, clerk to the Town Council. His number is 810608 and his email is charlburytc@btinternet.com

Craig Richardson
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2007, 11:02

I too have been trying to identify the whereabouts of the canoe/kayak club, Jane Parsons is the secretary of the Angling club.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2007, 10:25

If Jane wants to confirm the details with me at Evenlode Books, the club can be listed in the Community Directory which Charlbury Business Community publishes in each issue of the Chronicle. Same goes for any other organisation that's not in there. (Next issue out any day: see the pull-out in the middle.)

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2007, 01:04

Jane Parsons can be contacted on 01608 810879 - she is the secretary of the Canoe Club. Hope this helps. They are due to have a coffee morning - its either tomorrow (Saturday 25th) or on 8th September at the Corner House. Hope this helps.

Kate Smith
👍

Fri 24 Aug 2007, 21:09

As far as I know Hugh Belshaw ran the canoe club, but I understand that not long before the flood the sheds were vandalised or burnt and canoes were destroyed or damaged and I'm not sure whether whatever survived the waters will still be operational - i don't have a number for him but I think he's the person to ask.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 23 Aug 2007, 14:10

Best person to talk to is Jane Parsons - she is the caretaker for the Corner House. I will try and find the phone number

Pete
👍

Thu 23 Aug 2007, 13:23

Thank you, from that thread.. I'll take a walk down on Sunday and see. anyone else know any more or any different?

Julie Negus
👍

Thu 23 Aug 2007, 13:15

www.charlbury.info/cgi-bin/dview.cgi?thread=216

This is a thread from a while ago. Don' t know if it helps at all. I' m sure someone will come up with the info before too long.

Pete
👍

Thu 23 Aug 2007, 11:56

I know there are sheds that are somthing to do with it but i have never seen anyone around. Is this what you mean?

alice
👍

Thu 23 Aug 2007, 11:28

Pete I believe there is one on mill lane down by the river

Pete
👍

Thu 23 Aug 2007, 11:15

Is there a Canoe/Kayak club in or anywhere near us?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.