Welsh language tuition

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sun 2 Sep 2007, 22:19

I am not prepared to tolerate racism on this board.

Ivan: I, and the rest of those who use the site, have been quietly putting up with you for the past few weeks despite having banned you under your real name, David Giles - the only person thus far, and I hope, ever, to be banned from this site. I have never had as many complaints about any aspect of the site as I have about your postings. You have, once again, gone too far.

In a previous e-mail complaining, you wrote:

"you do not have the right to stop me. if the likes of igor goldkind and the pc brigade dont like what i have to say it is tough."

Unfortunately for you, I do have the right to stop you. This is a website run on a private server for which, in law, I am accountable as publisher. As such there is absolutely no question of any comments such as your most recent outburst being tolerated - never mind the fact that they are clearly arrant nonsense.

Neither myself, nor the Charlbury organisations who have generously supported this website, are paying for you to peddle your prejudices. May I suggest you find another forum where they may be tolerated, or start your own.

ivan krechov
👍

Sun 2 Sep 2007, 15:36

(post deleted)

Dave Oates
👍

Sat 1 Sep 2007, 19:21

Having just returned from 2 weeks holiday in Anglesey, North Wales, I was amazed to read the earlier part of this thread. If we aren't careful, people will become afraid to post genuine requests or queries for fear of abuse!

I would like to add to Amanda's answers however - if you were to suggest to anyone in Anglesey (where Welsh is spoken in equal proportion to English by the locals)that they weren't really Welsh, you could expect to be put firmly in your place and not neccessarily in a peaceful and polite manner!

Reg James
👍

Wed 29 Aug 2007, 11:35

Thanks Richard That's gr8
Reg

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 29 Aug 2007, 10:35

ŵ is 373 and ŷ is 375 , apparently.

Reg James
👍

Wed 29 Aug 2007, 10:22

I am trying to do some text in Welsh.
Can anyone tell me the Unicode characters for the Welsh w and Y with circumflex accents please? Or does it matter if the accents are missing?
Thanks
Reg

Steve Martin
👍

Mon 27 Aug 2007, 12:22

Hi Ivan,

I have asked a simple question and received an unwelcome tirade of what I can only describe as racial abuse.

If you do not have anything sensible to say I would suggest you shut up.

As an explanation "Cymru" is the name of the country not the language used in the country. South Walians do speak Welsh or Cymraeg if you prefer the native language.

If you wish to answer this message please do so with constructive comments rather than your tones of earlier.

ivan krechov
👍

Sun 26 Aug 2007, 14:25

(post deleted)

Amanda Epps
👍

Wed 22 Aug 2007, 11:54

Ivan, sorry to correct you, but as a Welsh speaking South Walian, I can assure you that there are many thousands of us who speak Welsh. There are schools where the language of tuition is Welsh and Welsh language churches and chapels in every town, including the capital city, Cardiff.

ivan krechov
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2007, 20:08

move to wales boyo or find a postman in charlbury but south waliens dont speak cymru.

Stephen Martin
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2007, 12:03

I need someone to carry out some Welsh Language tuition.

Is anyone able to help out or know a Welsh Language tutor?

Call me on 07958618241 to discus.

Thanks
Steve

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.