Poor Street lighting at the Spendlove car park

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:48

Torches? I carry two - one handheld and one I can put round my head for when my arms are full. The street lighting in Charlbury is patchy and I don't think that will change. Also useful as it makes you visible to car drivers and cyclists.

Amanda
👍

Fri 10 Nov 2017, 11:51

I have reported thus to WODC but got no response and I notice that last night the lights are still out!

mandy
👍

Fri 10 Nov 2017, 10:35

The lighting is poor coming out the co op last Wednesday night I walked in to the little wall outside the co op as it's so dark out there you can't see it nice massive black bruise on my knee and down my leg. And the light outside the co op isn't working.

Alistair Kerr
👍

Thu 9 Nov 2017, 21:53

My family and I had a pleasant evening out with friends a couple of weeks ago only to discover the next day that one of our friends fell down the steps outside one of the houses on her walk back to her car. The lighting is non existent and she simply didn't see the steps and broke a rib as a consequence. No one likes intrusive lighting, but surely some PIR lamps could be installed for the safe of safety.

Amanda
👍

Thu 2 Nov 2017, 21:37

Thanks I will contact them.

john h
👍

Thu 2 Nov 2017, 18:15 (last edited on Thu 2 Nov 2017, 18:16)

The lighting in the car park and by the Co-op are the responsibility of the West Oxford District Council, not the County, they are responsible for the rest of the street lights in Town. John H

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 2 Nov 2017, 17:45

Ouch - poor you!
Try https://www.fixmystreet.com/

Amanda
👍

Thu 2 Nov 2017, 17:34

I have just fallen off of the pavement and twisted my knee and jarred my back on leaving the Co op as It is plunged into total darkness with no Street lighting. In fact the whole of that are is really dimly lit. I was lucky that I did not fall into a moving cars path! Does anyone know who I contact about the lighting please?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.