Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 21 Oct 2017, 18:32

All sorted. Thanks for all your help.

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:57

Also some seats are now out of date, see if you can see the kite registration number and google if it is still legal.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:44

I see your point. The question (after further Google research) seems to be whether the seat has been involved in a crash or similar incident that could cause a hairline crack. Since the donor is anonymous I can't ask them.

So -- Dear donor, thanks for the thought, but please come forward and let us know why you are getting rid of the seat. Otherwise it will be thrown away.

(I hope no one thinks refugees drive cars.)

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:10

I know people do sell used car seats, but when I tried to sell ours I was told by several people they can have hairline cracks which can make them unsafe so we ended up sending them to landfill

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 21 Oct 2017, 10:29

Charlbury Refugee Action Group has been given a Britax Renaissance child's car seat. At least, it has appeared anonymously overnight in our garage.

Can anyone come round and tell me whether it is all there and in working order? (I can send you a photo for starters.) Email charlburyrefugee@gmail.com if you can help, please.

I hope we can sell it and raise some useful money.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.