john h
👍

Mon 19 Nov 2007, 19:05

My pleasure!

susan leckie
👍

Mon 19 Nov 2007, 15:31

Thank you John for all your help.

My daughter has been in touch with my niece, Jane, Uncle John Eeles' daughter and has sent her copies of photos of Grandad Frank.

Kind wishes, Susan

john h
👍

Thu 30 Aug 2007, 22:16

Susan
Post me your E mail address and I will see what info I can find, The other family I think are still local
my address hrrjhn@aol.com

susan leckie
👍

Thu 30 Aug 2007, 16:10

Hi all

Thanks, John, for the suggestion on the Gallery photo;
"The lady to the far left on the step is Mrs Elles, (Ivan I think both of priccilas parents are now dead , i remeber her dads name was derek, and his sister still lives in the town".

Not sure if the lady is one of my Eeles. My grandfather, Frank, and grandmother, Flora, lived in Taston before moving into Hughes Close. Please let me know if the dinner lady is related to me.

Kind wishes

Susan

ivan krechov
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2007, 20:40

you are to young to retire john. always in my thoughts uncle ivan.

john h
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2007, 22:19

By the way has Fudge been found yet??

john h
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2007, 22:17

You Bet!!

Deleted user
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2007, 15:51

John,
Just wanted to say `hello` to another retired person. I hope you are enjoying your retirement.

john h
👍

Sun 12 Aug 2007, 18:10

If you go to the gallery on this site and open old pictures people, you will find a picture of the dinner ladies at the old primary school. The lady to the far left on the step is Mrs Elles, (Ivan I think both of priccilas parents are now dead , i remeber her dads name was derek, and his sister still lives in the town.

ivan krechov
👍

Sun 12 Aug 2007, 14:49

there used to be an eeles family living in sturt close when i was at primary school.the granny was a dinner lady at the primary school. ithink she lived at the top of dancers hill. i was at school with the daughter she was priscilla and they moved to hailey. ithink her mother might have died.

susan leckie
👍

Thu 9 Aug 2007, 21:30

Hi Ivan
I checked with my mum and she says Sturt Close was built in 1956 and Hughes Close a bit earlier.
We lived in number 2, when it was brand new, from 1952 until 1957, when we moved to Cowley.
Susan

ivan krechov
👍

Thu 9 Aug 2007, 19:52

was hughes close built in the early fifties as sturt close was not built until 1956/7 i could be wrong.

susan leckie
👍

Mon 6 Aug 2007, 16:37

Thank you to everyone who has helped with my search so far.

I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who remembers/knows the Eeles family.

In the early 1950s my dad (Nobby), mum (Evelyn), brother (Mervyn) and I - as well as my Grandad and Gran (Grandad's name was Frank) - lived in Hughes Close.

Thank you once again to everyone- esp. Rob!

Kind wishes

Susan

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.