Early Saturday morning train (07.07) to Oxford

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Thu 21 Sep 2017, 20:40

Hi Christine. Thank you so much for your massive amount of information - it's much appreciated. I have managed to put together a new plan as we learned rather surprisingly that the car has got some life left in it, so I have been able to revert to my plan A. Having said that, your info is a lot more than I would have managed to put together in a panic, so I really am very grateful to you. There will be other occasions I know when I will be able to plan better journeys using this info, so purely from my perspective you have helped me out a lot. Thanks again.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 20 Sep 2017, 20:52

Rosemary, There is an early no 7 bus on a Saturday, but it might be too early for you. It leaves Charlbury Bell at 6.10 & gets to Oxford Parkway (if you wanted to go by train to Marylebone from there) at 6.56 -- easy to get to Paddington on the 205 bus or by tube, of course, if you are aiming at Heathrow. Or there are express buses to Stansted from Baker Street 5 mins walk away.

Alternatively, the no 7 gets in to George St in Oxford at 7.12 if you prefer to bus it from there.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 20 Sep 2017, 17:57

Ah, that is really helpful, thank you for that, and for the link, I wasn't aware of that one.
I think you've knocked that one firmly on the head... I woldn't dare risk that!
Also, it looks as if our car might have a bit more life left, after much careful (and expensive) attention! So, all in all, lessons learned. Thanks again, Richard.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 20 Sep 2017, 13:41

It was cancelled three of the last six Saturdays, unfortunately (according to www.recenttraintimes.co.uk).

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 20 Sep 2017, 12:53

Does anyone use this train on a regular basis? I'm trying to work out if I.Dare.Trust.It. to get me to an airport bus from Gloucester Green at 08.15. Is this a totally reckless idea? (Our car is out of action hence the slight panic.) Thanks in advance... R

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.