Flood photo wanted

Derek Collett
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2007, 17:48

As a representative of the Cricket Club, that sounds like a great idea Jon! Thanks for suggesting it.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2007, 15:59

Thanks to Ian, Harriet, Colin, Lewis, Susanna, Geoffrey, Craig, Richard, Roy, Judy, Derek and Anthony for the photos and suggestions... we now have a tremendous selection to choose from for the book. Thanks again.

Given such a photographic resource, I wonder if we could go a step further and produce a floods calendar for 2008, proceeds to the cricket club? Anyone interested? Just a thought. Graphic designer out there?

Ian Taylor
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2007, 11:02

Hi, Jon - if you check your email, I have quite a few photos the floods which you are welcome to.

dave wells
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2007, 20:17

Jon - I referred my boss to www.flickr.com where there is a good selection (not sure of the quality for reproduction, though they succeeded in justifying impromptu holiday time !). Search on Charlbury, then "most recent" and you could contact the posters.

sharyn
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2007, 19:22

try the bbc oxford website they have some good photo,s in the picture gallery on the floods

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2007, 15:05

I'm publishing a book in the autumn about the Evenlode valley, and the author wants to include a photo of the river in flood crossing the Dyers Hill bridge. I didn't have my camera with me on the Saturday! We need a high-res photo taken on a digital camera of at least 6 megapixels (so it's going to be around 2-3 megabytes, maybe more), preferably with a foreground of people as well as the raging torrent and the stranded car. Can anyone help? Please email me on jon@phonecoop.coop or phone me on 819117.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.