Over night Roadworks

sarah routley
👍

Thu 17 Aug 2017, 09:00

After last nights noise i assume you have located the site of the work Stephen!

stephen cavell
👍

Wed 16 Aug 2017, 21:47

You are right Liz this is not pot hole filling! As I write there is some serious equipment out there on the Slade, could be sleep interrupted night(s) so hope the result is worthwhile.

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 8 Aug 2017, 21:51

Actually "patching" is a much better method than filling individual potholes - it covers a bigger area of road and is therefore less prone to be undone by water, ice etc. As regards the cycle tour, I have received assurances from the Cabinet member responsible for highways that the route will be inspected and repaired where needed (we shall see what that means).

Simon Walker
👍

Tue 8 Aug 2017, 20:12

You're right, Paul - they wouldn't. The route goes through the town centre, not up at the crossroads.

Paul Taylor
👍

Tue 8 Aug 2017, 17:57

Any idea if this corresponds with the route of the Tour De Britain I see they have just completed the repairs to road going though Fubrook at the mini roundabout just before Burford. No they wouldn't make repairs ready for a national Cycle race would they.

stephen cavell
👍

Tue 8 Aug 2017, 16:24

Thanks Peter. Yes Simon I am as sceptical as you as to its long term durability.

Simon Walker
👍

Tue 8 Aug 2017, 13:11

This is presumably the 'cheaper option' to doing a proper job of resurfacing the whole crossroads. It will indeed be interesting to see how long the patches stand up to heavy truck wheels dragging around the Toll House corner.

Peter Kenrick
👍

Tue 8 Aug 2017, 12:15 (last edited on Tue 8 Aug 2017, 12:19)

Not much more detail but the information received by the the Town Council from OCC was as follows.

B4437/B4022 - Charlbury - The Slade - Enstone Road - Nine Acres Lane - Patching
I wish to inform you of the intension (sic) to carry out patching works at the above junction under temporary four way traffic lights during the evenings of the 16 & 17th August 2017. It is hoped to pick up all the areas of patching north of Ditchley Road and around the crossroads

stephen cavell
👍

Tue 8 Aug 2017, 12:10

A sign at Enstone Cross Roads "Overnight Patching Works/16th August 2017 for two nights/ Parking Restrictions 1800hrs to 0500hrs". Does any one have further details? Where exactly is the work taking place? What are the parking restrictions?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.