Lied to by Wilderness

Stephen Andrews
👍

Wed 9 Aug 2017, 15:43 (last edited on Wed 9 Aug 2017, 15:51)

The music noise must be very directional, and I have no knowledge when it was coming from, but I can collaborate Vanessa's observation. In the depths of Park St (I sleep with windows open) there was distinctive repetitive bass until around 3am Sunday morning.

Phil Morgan
👍

Wed 9 Aug 2017, 14:27

Yes, I can confirm that all was quiet on Sturt Road from midnight on Sunday.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 9 Aug 2017, 12:29

Agree with Tim. Hardly any noise over the weekend. I hope all the visitors had a good time.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Wed 9 Aug 2017, 08:58

Not sure what music you heard Vanessa I left the valley at midnight as all the music stopped and as we walked back through the festival there was no music to be heard, everything seemed to be closing apart from a couple of food stands not that disputing that you heard music just don't know where it was coming from.

Vanessa
👍

Tue 8 Aug 2017, 20:51

Music was going well into the early hours of Sunday morning...3am I could still hear it. And agree that every other night was past midnight. Main stage finishes at 11pm...why can't the rest? This year was very much louder than last year.

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 19:24

The license allows for music till midnight on Sunday evenings, and the main stage has to finish at 11.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 15:24

Sorry James not my sort of thing but I have no problem with it providing it doesn't interfere with me I am not bought that easy with free or cheap tickets that why they do that but every year it the Sunday that's the loudest

John Kearsey
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 15:15

Perhaps I'm going deaf, but the music seemed quieter this year. The only inconvenience I suffered was getting from Finstock to Charlbury this morning when I had to wait for a load of cars to leave the site.

James Styring
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 12:28

Can I suggest that the organisers of Wilderness give Paul Taylor a free ticket in 2018 so he can go and enjoy the festival?

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 10:58 (last edited on Mon 7 Aug 2017, 11:00)

sorry started new thread

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 09:34

That's not what was promised by the organisers I am so glad you had a good time but it was still going loud at 12 this morning

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 09:27

Grace Jones on the main stage did end by 11, despite playing (and hula-hooping) for longer than she was supposed to. There was noise after that, but not from the main stage. The noise was probably from one of the DJ sessions on the programme.

Laura Humphreys
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 08:40

I think it was well worth it for the huge amount of pleasure it gave to tens of thousands of people and the bringing together of different generations both in and out of Charlbury.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 07:01

So much for the 11 pm finish Sunday no Drum and Base why bother to say the main stage will go to a lower level if you don't mean it you could clearly hear base music and a Compare/DJ well after 11 the rest of the week end was not to bad . The parking in and around Charlbury by visitors was dire at best and people walking down to Finstock on the main road was shocking. This all needs a massive improvement.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.