Dangerous bus driving, Park St

Helen Chapman
👍

Thu 10 Aug 2017, 17:09

I'm pleased to say I've now had a full apology from the manager of Pulhams, both for the dangerous driving and the way the driver reacted when I complained. Turns out they have onboard cctv so the whole thing was filmed. They've spoken to the driver so hopefully something like this won't happen to someone else another time.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 31 Jul 2017, 19:18

Helen - agree all.

Helen Chapman
👍

Mon 31 Jul 2017, 14:30

sorry Church st not Park st.

Helen Chapman
👍

Mon 31 Jul 2017, 14:17

Just had a very unpleasant encounter with a bus driver whilst driving up Chruch St. He drove past me in a very narrow gap between parked cars while revving his engine and increasing his speed. He then stopped at The Bell so I went to complain, at which point he was rude and aggressive and shouted over me. He was convinced the entire incident was caused by me, so I asked if that was an excuse to nearly run me over, to which he said 'yes'. He also wheeled out the classic line about cyclists not paying road tax (there is no such thing as road tax, fact fans). I lost my cool and swore at him.

I've complained to Pulhams now. Just sharing here as a warning. Normally bus drivers round here are very considerate of cyclists - this was an exception.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.