Seeking someone with a lathe

K Harper
👍

Tue 11 Jul 2017, 16:19

That is what we are hoping, Simon. Will get back to you asap.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Tue 11 Jul 2017, 16:12

Thank you K Harper. I've potentially got someone who can make the part for me, but if you have a machine with the part, I could maybe measure it etc...?

K Harper
👍

Tue 11 Jul 2017, 09:50

Someone I know may have one of these but it is currently in storage. Will have a look as soon as possible and let you know if we can help.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Mon 10 Jul 2017, 16:25

Its a Hobart 2302 - built late 70s early 80s

K Harper
👍

Mon 10 Jul 2017, 15:58

Simon, do you know the make of bacon slicer? May be able to help.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Mon 10 Jul 2017, 12:13

This is a longshot I am sure but you never know... I need a small (60mm approx) steel wheel turned up on a lathe with a 15mm hole in for a shaft to fit in it to be secured with 2 grub screws. The opposite face from the shaft needs a spiral groove cut into it. This is to operate a cam mechanism inside a rather old Bacon Slicer for which this part is now obsolete. This is part of the index mechanism for setting the cutting thickness. Unfortunately I don't have exact dimensions of the original part so it may require a bit of trial and error to get it to fit. In hope...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.