Cornbury Festival

Dave Oates
👍

Wed 8 Aug 2007, 14:39

I know I am a bit late adding to this debate but better late than never. Hugh Phillimore personally does a huge amount for Charlbury in terms of supporting local events. He is especially supportive of the Riverside and equally appreciative of the Riverside Stage at Cornbury, which gives local and unsigned bands an opportunity to play at such a major event - an opportunity which typically they would be denied. Cornbury Festival is a great addition to the Charlbury calender and should be congratulated for giving us the opportunity to see headline acts on our own doorstep. In terms of cost, it is extremely cheap when you consider:

1. The cost of other festivals
2. The number of bands you get for your money
3. What a fantastic and relaxed weeknd it is

Deleted user
👍

Tue 31 Jul 2007, 17:13

First visit this year. Keep up the good work Andy.

Andy Godfrey
👍

Fri 6 Jul 2007, 21:50

Gary, I posted after Riverside & only Paul Jenkins replied. Perhaps just the three of us attended? If the event was cancelled next year I bet there would mass wailing on this forum.
I guess a few more will attend Poshstock.

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 5 Jul 2007, 19:10

Thanks J Norris that the best way to put the point across. The riverside is free and very good but the noise pollution ect we will have cheap local tickets would be fair .

J Norris
👍

Thu 5 Jul 2007, 16:18

But if you are local then there is a certain amount of inconvenience - traffic, noise etc - so why not offer discounted tickets to locals as a matter of goodwill. They haven't sold out of regular price tickets as it is.

Gary Walker
👍

Thu 5 Jul 2007, 16:03

Not forgetting our very own FREE Riverside Music Festival. Okay, so you might not see Blondie, David Gray et al, but it's still two days, two stages, loads of great music, also right here on your doorstep.

Did you all go to Riverside??

derek
👍

Thu 5 Jul 2007, 12:52

Okay, Susie points taken, i am not as well informed as yourself and i was wrong.
As i said it's thier party and if they don't want to offer cheaper tickets to local then fine, we have the option of going or not.
As John says it's on our doorstep and we should be proud/grateful of that.

John Kearsey
👍

Thu 5 Jul 2007, 11:51

I agree with you Susie. Why are people whinging about a guy who got off his backside to start a venture which we can all enjoy. I know there will always be someone who moans, but remember - its a music festival on our doorstep! No travel costs and you can sleep in your own bed at night!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 5 Jul 2007, 00:57

Derek I meant that its Hugh Phillimore who has given all the above to Charlbury - not Cornbury Park. Its good for Charlbury to be put on the map - more visitors etc will mean they will see our lovely countryside, and may like to have a holiday here ! Its not only youngsters who go to the concert.

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 4 Jul 2007, 21:36

festival web site state no local tickets

John Munro
👍

Wed 4 Jul 2007, 19:43

Derek, have to correct you about last year - reduced tickets were being sold at The Bell and The Good Food Shop - and probably other locations as well. Have you actuaklly enquired at these palces this year?

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 4 Jul 2007, 19:18

No Iam the same I dont blame Cornbury as they leased the land out for some one else to run . May be with all the rain it will be cancelled on safty grounds and we have save money LOL

derek
👍

Wed 4 Jul 2007, 16:01

Susie my issue is not with Cornbury as an estate, I agree wonderful support from them.
The issue arises against Cornbury Festival/Hugh Philemore (sp?).
But at the end of the day it's their party and i can cry if i won't to.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 4 Jul 2007, 12:58

But we must take into account all the good that Cornbury do for Charlbury. Shed appears there and helps their coffers; Community Centre has received free tickets to sell for the Appeal; Charlbury Pre-School always either do a pig roast, or teas and raise alot of money for themselves, and on two occasions, one this year, Cornbury have sponsored the band at Street Fair. I dont think we should moan too much.

derek
👍

Wed 4 Jul 2007, 11:46

we never got an offer last year either. it would also appear to be much more popular this year so guess they don't need to bother.

Anyway when were they ever offered to us cheap? £5-10 off is not what i call cheap.

Paul Taylor
👍

Tue 3 Jul 2007, 21:01

No local tickets this year Shame the local support help to start it now we are pushed out cheap tickets for charlbury post codes is all we ask

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.