Which mobile network has best coverage in Charlbury?

Geoff Belcher
👍

Wed 5 Jul 2017, 09:58 (last edited on Wed 5 Jul 2017, 10:00)

Never had a problem with Vodafone reception good any where in Charlbury even when O2 is down

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Wed 5 Jul 2017, 09:11

I'm on Vodafone and find I get a good 4G signal over most of Charlbury.

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 4 Jul 2017, 21:01

Claire we are with Giff-Gaff which is pretty good for pay-as-you-go using the O2 network but at a lower cost (£10 per month works fine for me)
Happy to come along with my phone so you can check reception but I find now its pretty good all over Charlbury

Claire Wilding
👍

Tue 4 Jul 2017, 19:25

Thank you, that's really helpful information! I am not far from the fire station so I am surprised to hear that is where it is coming from, but that said there is no clear line of sight from hear to there. I think I will try EE on the basis that it can't be any worse.

Trevor Taylor
👍

Tue 4 Jul 2017, 18:05

This is a thorny issue and one which has plagued the town for some time. The truth is that reception varies considerably - if you are within sight of a mast then you'll get good reception, if not then you may not get any reception at all. There are two mast sites serving Charlbury, one is on the fire station tower (O2 and Vodafone) while the other site is east of the town adjacent to the Christmas Tree farm (EE). If reception of O2 is poor then Vodafone is unlikely to be any better so try EE. The converse is true however you may be in an area where the reception of all mobile phone signals is rubbish. The coverage maps produced by the service providers give a very optimistic view and cannot be relied upon. There's little point in asking a salesman/woman in any of the mobile phone shops, they rely on the maps and will promise good reception if it results in a sale. We use EE (not great) but reception of O2 and Vodafone is even worse. The best advice I can give is talk to neighbours and see who has a good signal. If other parts of Charlbury are important to you then chat to those in that area to find out what reception is really like rather than what the providers claim. I'm sorry not to be more positive but the truth is mobile reception in Charlbury can be pretty ropey and even a move of just 10 yards can produce big differences in signal strength. Good luck.

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 4 Jul 2017, 15:42

Vodofone

Claire Wilding
👍

Tue 4 Jul 2017, 12:48

I am on O2 and the coverage is pretty patchy in Charlbury, especially the higher up bits of town (including my own house!) I would be interested to hear others' experiences before I switch provider, with thanks for your help!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.