Cost of commuting to London from Charlbury

John Kearsey
👍

Tue 3 Jul 2007, 21:44

Susie you must be losing your touch - you haven't tried to rope this lady into helping with the street fair!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 3 Jul 2007, 10:05

Hi Daisy, Charlbury is a lovely place to live and I would hate to discourage anyone to come here, but I hope you have read all the posts about the trains, and our commuter blog on this site. Dont just look at this week (as its been particularly bad) - do view all (it goes back to February).

sandie o'sullivan
👍

Tue 3 Jul 2007, 09:05

I discovered a very interesting but little publicised nugget of information the other day. Pregnant women, apparently are allowed to upgrade to first class on the train at no additional cost. This is a Government directive, nothing to do with FGW's generosity, but I thought it well worth letting people know, since clearly our train operator doesn't think its important to tell anyone!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 3 Jul 2007, 08:41

Monthly season is £452.40 (or £508.80 all zones); annual is £4712 (or £5300). Plus, of course, you get the discount in the very unlikely occasion of the trains being late...

www.swt-seasontickets.com is useful for finding out season ticket prices.

Daisy Byrne
👍

Mon 2 Jul 2007, 21:55

Hi,
I'm planning to move to Charlbury and would like to work out the monthly cost of the daily commute to London - does anyone know how much this is?
Many thanks,

Daisy

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.