Footpath closed from Jeffersons Piece

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 2 Jul 2017, 11:35

Helen, totally agree, in the 10 years of going to the Scout Hut for my son, who is now a helper, it is an accident waiting to happen, especially on a Thursday evening with Beavers and Scouts back to back with cars picking up and dropping off. Also a train comes in at that time (6.30ish) and the cars hurtle past impatient to get home. It would be useful for young and old. Can anyone pick up on this on the town council?

Helen Chapman
👍

Sun 2 Jul 2017, 11:12

A safe crossing between the Jeff's Terrace side of Nine Acres and the scout hut side would also be very very useful.

Reg James
👍

Sun 2 Jul 2017, 10:55

When I was a member of the Town Council I tried hard to get rid of the steps at the Jeff Terrace end and form a ramped access for people with mobility problems. It met with some opposition then but it would be good if the council were to try again now.

Jim Holah
👍

Sun 2 Jul 2017, 10:44

The pathway will be reopened once the work at the community centre is complete. The public footpath has been formally diverted to run in front of the pavilion & along by the play equipment but access will be provided again directly through to the Coop & GP Surgery as well as the Library & new centre. Won't be long now.

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 2 Jul 2017, 09:31

Jeffs Terrace has been diverted since last September, when building work commenced. Hopefully it will be re-opened soon.

Jean Adams
👍

Sun 2 Jul 2017, 09:07

So sorry everyone. Yes of course, I meant Jeffs Terrace. The closure is an inconvenience to elderly people.

Liz Leffman
👍

Sat 1 Jul 2017, 22:35

Jean, I am guessing you mean Jeffs Terrace? In which case the footpath has been diverted due to the work at the Community Centre, and has been for some time

Jean Adams
👍

Sat 1 Jul 2017, 12:56

This morning I met an elderly lady with walking difficulty outside the Coop. quite exhausted, who now has to make a long detour to the Coop and Charlbury Centre. This is a Public Footpath, why has it been closed?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.