How Green is our high street?

Iain Nicholson
👍

Fri 29 Jun 2007, 09:04

Hi. Thought you might like to know that OTCN member group, Thame First, is delivering environment-friendly shopping bags to independent retailers in the town. It's part of a campaign to make Thame a plastic bag free town. More details are on the Thame news website at www.thamenews.net/Default.asp?Navigation_ID=38
Cheers. Iain, OTCN

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 29 Jun 2007, 01:50

Think its a brilliant idea! Over to you Simon!

Simon Tibbitts
👍

Thu 28 Jun 2007, 22:17

I've just watched the Money Programme special 'How Green is your High Street' on BBC1

It featured the village Modbury in Devon that since April this year has become a plastic bag free village! What a simple and easy way to reduce rubbish and help the environment in one step!

I would imagine it would not be too hard for Charlbury to do? I guess the majority of trade is local in Charlbury which should make it easy if its well publicized. I understand that at the very beginning there will be a few people annoyed by the change but that seems normal with all changes these days.

What do people think to this idea?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.