Cycling For Charlotte

Gill Begnor
👍

Mon 3 Jul 2017, 22:23

Didn't realise you'd posted this - thank you so much David :-) I'm back now - much to everyone's surprise, having managed to navigate my way through 566 miles from Glasgow back to Oxford. If anyone wants a chuckle, have a read of my blog on the Facebook page CyclingForCharlotte - I feel confident in claiming that I am the most inept long-distance cyclist ever!! But my crazy adventure has raised nearly £4,000 - so well worth the scariness!! If anyone has a few pounds to spare to get the total over £4,000, they can donate on www.JustGiving/CyclingForCharlotte

David Prudence
👍

Sat 17 Jun 2017, 09:26 (last edited on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 21:14)

Anyone not already following the exploits of Charlbury's Gill Begnor [owner of the famous Dory] can catch up on her Facebook page Cycling For Charlotte. Inspired by her friend Charlotte, who is undergoing treatment for cancer, Gill is cycling 550 miles between the major Cancer Research Centres in the UK to raise money for CRUK.

I don't use Facebook but you can still read Gill's blog if you ignore their invitations to join.

As a previous Guinness Book of Records holder as the fastest female marathon runner dressed as a bottle of beer, Gill will be back in time for the Beer Festival!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.