watch out for people on there bikes!

Mark Purcell
👍

Wed 11 Jul 2007, 10:49

Like motherhood and apple pie, no one is going to argue against watching out for cyclists. However there are two sides to most stories. I very rarely drive in Oxford. When I do I am always struck by the complete idiocy of a high proportion of the cyclists: people wandering around after dark with no lights, people who don't signal, people who don't check blind spots, people cycling on pavements and on the wrong side of the road. Oxford is unusually bad, but similar behaviour isn't unknown elsewhere. All road users are capable of being stupid. The main difference is that drivers at least have to pass a test, which involves demonstrating an ability to drive responsibily on at least one occasions. Cyclists (and indeed riders of horses - see recently newspaper debates) don't. And they, of course, are precisely the people most likely to be killed in an accident.

sharyn
👍

Mon 25 Jun 2007, 14:12

i couldnt believe my eyes on saturday when i was waiting for the bus outside the bell, when a man and three children came pass me on there bikes. all of them was riding safetly and all had helmets on when all of a sudden a man in a blue 4x4 came down the road towards the church at great speed. even when he approached the children on the bikes, i would of thought whever this man was driving the 4x4 he would of had more as by the looks of it he had children of his own as he had a child in a car seat in the back

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.