Topsoil

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 3 Apr 2017, 12:46

See my separate organic mushroom compost thread too.

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 3 Apr 2017, 10:40

how much is the cost of a bulk bag, delivered- if anyone knows ?

Birgit den Outer
👍

Mon 3 Apr 2017, 10:31

Thank you, Liz. I've ordered from them too but have also ordered via Jon some mushroom compost. Yes, the Poole's Lane compost can't be bad after years of lovely allotments!

Liz Puttick
👍

Mon 3 Apr 2017, 10:19

We got "premium" topsoil from AWBS which was clean but extremely sandy, needs lots of added compost unless you want to grow gorse bushes...

john h
👍

Sun 2 Apr 2017, 16:16

Quite a big pile up Pooles Lane !!!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 1 Apr 2017, 12:54

Got a bag from Applegarth a couple of years ago. Virtually sterile, it wouldn't even grow weeds!! If you already have some soil, you can add mushroom compost from www.eveshammarketgardener.com and it works wonders. I'm getting some next week and there is time to add to the order: the more we order, the cheaper. You'd have to collect from The Green, or simply place your own order (costs more but simpler). Email me on jon@phonecoop.coop to discuss if you are interested.

Birgit den Outer
👍

Sat 1 Apr 2017, 10:30

Many thanks!

Naomi Berger
👍

Sat 1 Apr 2017, 10:20

AWBS in yarnton (behind the garden centre) do topsoil and will deliver to Charlbury.

Simon Walker
👍

Fri 31 Mar 2017, 18:44

"Topsoil" that we got from Hickmans in the past was actually made-up material, not real topsoil. It has still worked OK in flowerbeds, with plenty of nutrient added.

Heather Williams
👍

Fri 31 Mar 2017, 17:20

Hickmans in Fulbrook

Birgit den Outer
👍

Fri 31 Mar 2017, 14:47

Could anyone recommend a supplier of good quality topsoil who will deliver? Many thanks!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.