Walk to Chalybeate Spring - Palm Sunday - Sunday 9th April

Jean Andrews
👍

Wed 12 Apr 2017, 19:05

Hi Leah. Yes, we did get right up to Chalybeate Well. Wort's Well was more difficult. It would have helped if there were more maps. However, there were no locked gates this year as we encountered last year. It was a lovely walk and we hope to do it again next year.

Leah Fowler
👍

Mon 10 Apr 2017, 18:27

Can't remember it was a long time ago, last time I went couldn't get anywhere near the Well it was fenced off. Did you get right to the Well?

Jo Thomas
👍

Mon 10 Apr 2017, 10:28

Thank you for a lovely walk to the Chalybeate Spring. A beautiful day in excellent company. If anyone can remember any more stories about Worts Well or Chalybeate please get in touch. Thanks.

Jo Thomas
👍

Mon 10 Apr 2017, 10:25

Thank you Leah, that is fascinating about the gamekeepers, luckily we didn't have anyone with guns lining the way. Can you remember roughly when the walk was reopened?

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 4 Apr 2017, 17:04

The first time the Liquorice Well walk was reopened,the gamekeepers all lined the route with their guns so that no-one strayed from the path.

Jo Thomas
👍

Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:23

Thank you Jean it would be lovely to join you.

Jean Andrews
👍

Wed 29 Mar 2017, 10:14

As the Facilitator of Wychwood Forest Church as well as Missioner at Charlbury Baptist, I can tell you that Wychwood Forest Church plan to do this walk on the afternoon of Palm Sunday. Anyone can join us - meet at the Baptist Church at 2pm. Some cars will be required to get us to the start point.

Clare Carswell
👍

Mon 27 Mar 2017, 11:31

I would love to join you for that walk Jo

Jo Thomas
👍

Mon 27 Mar 2017, 11:26

Is anyone planning to do this walk? I'm part of this years' Charlbury Arts Festival in June and making art work in response to Charlbury starting with a visit to Chalybeate Spring. I'm hoping to go as a temporary resident of Charlbury (albeit the artistic kind). It would be lovely to walk with a gathering of people.

www.cornburypark.co.uk/palm-sunday-walk.html

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.