Dogs off leads

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 15 Mar 2017, 22:13

(Thread was going off-topic so two posts moved to the Grease Pit --Richard)

(Thursday: three further posts moved. I'm not quite sure what it is in the water at the moment, but there seems to be a general eagerness to start a fight. When you click that you agree to the forum rules, you have agreed to "The forum is for the discussion of Charlbury town issues" and "You don't have to agree with everything you read here; live and let live", and I mean both of them. The forum is not for picking a fight with someone whose views on national or international issues you don't share: if you want to do that, please do it in the Grease Pit or, ideally, somewhere else entirely. Now if you could kindly stop pratting around and give me the chance to do some work so I can pay the mortgage, I would be ever so grateful. --Richard)

john h
👍

Wed 15 Mar 2017, 17:12

Not badger baiting would you think ? sounds about the correct senario. If they get into the badger setts, then they will not be bitting anymore dogs, Mr Brock will see to that.we live in hopes!!

John Kearsey
👍

Wed 15 Mar 2017, 15:10 (last edited on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 15:12)

The people in charge of these dogs would appear to have committed an offence under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 (section 3(1)) "Owner or person in charge of a dog dangerously out of control in a public place." This offence is taken seriously enough to attract a sentence up to six months in prison so it is worth reporting these incidents to the police.

Nigel Drinkwater
👍

Tue 14 Mar 2017, 22:07

Hi, yes, Karen is my partner. We cross the slade from Dancers Hill and then up the lane until you can get into field, our usual walk would then be circular coming out through millennium woods. We had our problem within 30 seconds of getting off Lane into field 2 young men one 17/18 other 15ish they were heading down lower edge of field whilst we were heading up, unfortunately their 2 dogs one cross jack Russell white one smaller black saw us and circled back they turned into pack dogs and just attacked. Our dog is now on antibiotics and pain killers and we are back at the vets tomorrow.
We do this walk very regularly and hope this will not happen again.

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 14 Mar 2017, 19:28

Nigel, where did this take place?

Suzy M-H
👍

Tue 14 Mar 2017, 19:07

Are these the same dogs as mentioned by Karen yesterday?

sarah routley
👍

Tue 14 Mar 2017, 18:33

Can you tell us what the dogs looked like that attacked yours, so we can protect our dogs from them, thank you

Nigel Drinkwater
👍

Sun 12 Mar 2017, 14:17

Yet another walk where I have had to pick my dog up who was on her lead, today she was attacked by 2 dogs not on their leads, as high as I could lift her both dogs were able to jump up and attack her, she is bitten, scratched and bleeding. The owners, 2 young men limited English had no control and took at least 2 minutes to tether their dogs. The 2 previous attacks were both owned by people with limited English who cannot control their animals and never offer any apologies. Walking our dogs is meant to be a pleasure and letting your dog run free is a given however if you own an animal that is prone to aggression surely they should always be on a lead. I'm posting this because me and my partner were both shaken by this and I'm very annoyed.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.