May be a bore
Might be a chore
BUT if you own a dog
Say no more !!!
Please

chris emsden
👍

Tue 14 Mar 2017, 17:09

I agree extra Poo-bins would help, but it is more to do with people's laziness & lack of respect for others. It doesn't matter where your dog poos you clear it up, if there isn't a bin close by then you carry the poo-bag with you until you reach the next bin or you take it home! I manage to do this & I have 4 dogs so I have got my hands full of leads.

NADINE MILLS
👍

Tue 14 Mar 2017, 08:22

It would seem that this is become a bit of a nationwide problem. The U.K. maybe a nation of dog lovers but it certainly doesn't mean they are doing their duty to clear up after their pooches. Take a look at this article.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39254072

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:16

Will see what I can do

NADINE MILLS
👍

Fri 10 Mar 2017, 07:12

That's an excellent idea - could you put that forward Liz- my running shoes will thank you! As will other walkers, users I'm sure.

Rob Stepney
👍

Thu 9 Mar 2017, 23:21

Following Nadine's comment, I suggest that the town or district council put a dog poo bin at the Walcot end of the bridleway.

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 9 Mar 2017, 10:28

On the Mill Field a couple of days ago I noticed a massive pile about 10 feet away from the dog bin. Ditto on Church Street. Please can owners take more care.

NADINE MILLS
👍

Thu 9 Mar 2017, 09:21

I agree with you wholeheartedly Cheryl - dog mess in this town and its surrounding areas is a real issue. I run regularly and there is mess on trails in Cornbury and out on the Walcott bridleway and on other paths and trails all the time. It's literally like running the poo gauntlet. Not only that but I have witnessed dog poo bags hurled into undergrowth or left hanging in trees. I visited my sister at the weekend just south of Guildford and did a 4 mile run around 3 villages not one dog poo or bag seen during my whole run. And I've run in Wilmslow, Cheshire and seen nothing there - plenty of peeps walking dogs though.So what's to be done? I don't know but having lived here 15 years now the problem gets worse not better despite the prevalence of dog poo bins. Very sad!

Cheryl Hanrahan
👍

Thu 9 Mar 2017, 06:52

To the person who yesterday afternoon at approximately 2pm allowed their dog to poo RIGHT ON MY DOORSTEP, if you'd knocked on the door I'd of happily provided the poo bag you'd so clearly forgotten. Not only do I have a 21 month old daughter who a minute or two after you'd left it there almost trod in it, but the day before I'd had my 14 year old dog put to sleep after a brief illness and if I can't clean up after her anymore, what makes you think I would want to clean up your dogs waste? Your carelessness has upset me far more than you could've imagined. Your dog deserves a better owner.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.