Toad crossing - Poole's Lane/Fisher's Lane

sarah routley
👍

Tue 7 Mar 2017, 10:32

This morning my pond on Dithcley road, has 3 pairs of large mating toads...beautiful!

Sarah Slator
👍

Wed 1 Mar 2017, 16:30

Thanks everyone for your help!

Shelagh Scott
👍

Thu 23 Feb 2017, 15:37

The warning signs were put up by the Nichols for the frogs (not toads) that would make their way by the dozen to our tiny pond at Chimney Cottage every spring, as many of them were flattened on the road during their journey. Sadly their numbers have declined each year, and last spring we only had one lot of frogspawn.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 13:36

Oh dear. T'is a pity this very area is now besieged daily by construction-site vehicles with their massively heavy loads.

Heather Donegan
👍

Tue 21 Feb 2017, 22:22

The Nichols family from Mt Pleasant off Dancers Hill used to put the toads crossing signs up each year. Perhaps they know if anyone took it on.

Pearl Manners
👍

Tue 21 Feb 2017, 20:40 (last edited on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 21:13)

It's most likely to be at bottom of Dancers hill by stream that runs along the bottom there I seem to vaguely remember something about it I'll try find out.

Sarah Slator
👍

Tue 21 Feb 2017, 14:58

Does anyone know anything about the toad crossing at Poole's Lane/Fisher's Lane that was registered with Froglife back in 2002? I have volunteered to let Froglife know if the crossing is still active. If there are people already monitoring the crossing and helping toads along i would be happy to help. If on the other hand toad are no longer crossing there, that would be good to know too. Many thanks

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.