john h
👍

Mon 21 May 2007, 18:44

The old firestation is administered by a board of trustees,not graham
widdows, although he is a member of the board of trustees

Igor Goldkind
👍

Mon 21 May 2007, 05:13

The old firestation is administered by Graham Meadows and yes, back in 2002 one of my attempts to launch a computer clinic and IT consultancy based in Charlbury was thwarted when after operating out of the old firestation for over a year and generating a steady flow of clients and visitors we were asked to temporarily vacate the premises over the summer in order that a refurbishment could be undertaken. My impression was that the increase in commercial traffic had prompted the trust try and maximise the venue's potential. Needless to say, after many promises of completion dates and that we would be first in line on the new tenancy agreement, I was never contacted by the administrator, the trust or even the letting agent in spite of repeated phone calls and requests for info on the new lease.

We eventually gave up on trying to contact anyone involved with the property and set up in greener pastures, but continued to observe with amusement the unanswered rental sign, month upon month, year upon year; knowing that the trust was fully aware that we could have been renting the premises from them, answering their remit and resolving our need for commercial premises.

And Charlbuy would have still had a free computer drop in clinic.

But such are the hazards of pursuing a professional life in Charlbury. Nice trees, though.

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Wed 16 May 2007, 10:01

Igor and his co-workers were removed rather peremptorily.

ali
👍

Wed 16 May 2007, 09:25

Many thanks to John from the bookshop for giving me the info needed.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 15 May 2007, 17:46

Igor, you were there once weren't you?

ali
👍

Mon 14 May 2007, 15:18

Hi, does anyone know what is being done with The Old Fire Station along Browns Lane? Or who owns it? Is it available for rent as a business premises?
If anyone can help me please reply to this post or call me on 01608 811399. Many thanks

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.