Local elections-party policies esp re traffic calming??

Megan Bell
👍

Thu 3 May 2007, 10:36

Thanks, both.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 1 May 2007, 17:46

All I can say is that I dont think local elections should be party-based; however as they are, Mike has done a brilliant job for us all in Charlbury, along with Glena, and deserves our support. Mike is on the Uplands Planning committee and stands up for any planning issues in Charlbury. Which party you vote for in a general election is surely different to local elections - and I suppose it must help the other district councillor (Glena) if they are both from the same party. Anyway, that's just my opinion, for what its worth!

mandy
👍

Tue 1 May 2007, 17:31

my vote is for mike breakell he has been campaigning alot and is involed in alot of things like the wychwood project,cotswold line promotion group,vice chairman for oxfordshire rural community and much more he is also a member of the charlbury morris dancing and folk music.he is the only one i have seen out campaigning dont know anything else about the other ones.

Megan Bell
👍

Tue 1 May 2007, 12:58

Hi - I realise this is a political issue (well, obviously!) but being fairly new to Charlbury, I honestly have no idea who to vote for in the coming election. However, I reallly don't want to waste my vote! I have my own views as regards national policy, but am not aware of which parties are campaigning on what issues locally. I'm particularly interested in issues relating to traffic calming, parking, recycling measures, environment etc. Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.