Thank you Charlbury

Janet Burroughs
👍

Sun 11 Dec 2016, 08:28

Thankyou Tanya, and to all those who have visited us for Christmas trees this year. And a particular thank you to those who visited yesterday, despite the rain, to get a tree to take home to decorate. Like Tim, we hope to put a smile on everyone's face as Christmas approaches.

Happy Christmas to all

Charlbury Christmas Trees

Helen Chapman
👍

Sat 10 Dec 2016, 14:28

Thanks Jody! I agree it's lovely seeing all the decorations and trees everywhere. And I never get off the train and walk up the hill without thinking what an amazing place to live Charlbury is.

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Fri 9 Dec 2016, 14:55

Yes, Tim's window display is wonderful as always, the pubs look really cosy and there's another thing that's lovely about Charlbury at Christmas. Last weekend I walked up Woody Lane and put my name on a Christmas tree, which I'll collect this weekend. It will be the freshest tree I could possibly get as it will be cut before my eyes and will have used no fuel to transport it as I can walk it home. There were young families walking back down the lane with their tree slung between mum and dad's shoulders and excited kids jumping about at their feet. And what's more we are now producing our own green energy from the solar farm. We are lucky to live here.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 9 Dec 2016, 13:31 (last edited on Fri 9 Dec 2016, 13:32)

Thank you for your mention of us here at Cotswold Frames in your post, we do try to put a smile on everyone's face with our window display especially for Christmas.

Leah Fowler
👍

Fri 9 Dec 2016, 12:43

Thankyou Jody for this lovely posting

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Fri 9 Dec 2016, 11:39

Dear Charlbury residents,

I am once again enjoying the approach to Christmas this year through the wide eyes of my young children (4 and 6) who, in the dusky and dark evenings, are loving and exclaiming over the beautiful decorations throughout our town.

In this year when I am so very aware of all the families out there who will find no room in any inn, in any country, it is sometimes hard to remain hopeful, so, to hear my daughter exclaim joyfully 'it's Christmas EVERYWHERE' and to run to every corner to see the beauty of the place we live in and which forms almost her entire world is particularly wonderful.

So thank you to the people of Charlbury for putting up your trees on your houses, for the wreaths and ribbons, for Tim's wonderful window at Cotswold Frames, for leaving your curtains open just that little bit longer to show off your trees, for bringing a little more light and beauty into the world.

Merry Christmas and a very Peaceful New Year

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.