Overweight Vehicles on Pooles Lane.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 7 Dec 2016, 20:44 (last edited on Thu 8 Dec 2016, 07:26)

Yes Graham there is such a sign,also says 20mph for works vehicles.

graham W
👍

Wed 7 Dec 2016, 20:26

Perhaps a sign put on the side of the road by Dancers Hill showing the preferred route.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 7 Dec 2016, 18:23

Yes Pearl, it is a daunting prospect, with no guarantees as far as I can see, that the road surfaces will be repaired afterwards by those who cause the damage.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 7 Dec 2016, 17:58

I drove down that road today Rosemary and it's terrible already with cars parked everywhere and state of road itself must be one of worst roads in Charlbury....

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 7 Dec 2016, 06:24 (last edited on Thu 8 Dec 2016, 18:42)

Neighbours of Elmstead have had notice from Findlay Construction (UK) Ltd that the building project at Elmstead, Pooles Lane, will be ongoing for approximately 12 months. We have been promised a dedicated phone number for the site manager, which I will post. In the meantime one may contact the managing director, Mr Gary Findlay, on 07870 877349 with any queries or concerns. The directional signage has now been installed by the company for this project. Presumably there will be a lot of heavy traffic in the area, given that the community centre and Elmstead projects are both operational now.

JAMES BATTY
👍

Tue 6 Dec 2016, 07:16

I think Beard do all they can with their traffic management. All suppliers are given the correct post code, which should direct drivers to Enstone Road. Beard have to assume that suppliers then tell their 3rd parties about certain restrictions, of which we have no control. we of course will continue to monitor the situation.

Jim Holah
👍

Mon 5 Dec 2016, 15:11

Thanks for the alert. I've brought this to the attention of the site manager for action.

Shelagh Scott
👍

Mon 5 Dec 2016, 14:24

Mid-morning a large lowloader from a company in Witney, carrying a digger, came down Dancers Hill and Pooles Lane, trying to reach the building site for the community centre. At the Playing Close, unable to make a right turn, he had to turn left and reverse, with multiple shunts and driving onto kerbstones. Shouldn't Beards, the builders, instruct their suppliers to use Enstone Road, rather than ignoring weight limits?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.