New Houses in Charlbury... where, what and how?

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 6 Dec 2016, 19:16

James - new primary school on the playing close obviously

James Styring
👍

Tue 6 Dec 2016, 15:24

I agree with you Miles, if you consider that the R&C/Bull crossroads is the 'town centre', it would make for an un-lopsided town to allow more building behind the railway station/warehouses. If they had nicely mown grass roofs no one surveying the valley from Dyers Hill would ever know they were there. It would be walkable/cycleable into town or to the station - less far to walk home after the pub than the eastern suburbs, let's face it. Building to the north and east will mean more driving across town is encouraged.
I'm not sure where to locate that new primary school though.

Miles Walkden
👍

Tue 6 Dec 2016, 13:19

Surprised no-one has any ideas as to where we should be putting the houses? Interesting. Perhaps it is best to leave it to the builder and stop attempting to blocking current plans.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 4 Dec 2016, 18:46

" In Charlbury" the the best spot would be where these houses can be part of and connected to the existing Town boundary and where we had a School of a suitable size and the areas that are not in locations of AONB - Where disused old quarries are restricted from enjoyment or use - If that bus circling and polluting the town could be run around a ring road , with an underpass system ..... only if Carlsburg did planning 🍻 - until then !

Pearl Manners
👍

Sun 4 Dec 2016, 12:29

I was sure there is/was a proposed development for this area, I don't know what happened Miles.

Miles Walkden
👍

Sun 4 Dec 2016, 12:01

Where should we be putting new houses in Charlbury? If we accept that this needs to happen, where would be the best place, and what sort of housing should it be? My fantasy - The site around the railway station always seemed like the best spot for me. 40 subsidised, low and medium cost houses. Linked with a small local bus running a circuit around town for all to use. Land donated by local philanthropist. Percentage of the profits going to existing households affected by the development and to the school. World peace is achieved. What say you?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.