New FGW HST carriages

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 24 Apr 2007, 16:51

Dont like them in as much there is only one set of tables per carriage - however it does mean on a busy train that there are more seats. Dont know if they are being crafty or sympathetic. Let's just hope they run on time!

J Norris
👍

Tue 24 Apr 2007, 15:42

I got my first taste of the new refurbished HST carriages yesterday on the 18:21 Ox - Charlbury. I have to say that I was not impressed. I have always appreciated the quality seating in the HSTs with comfy chairs and decent space. Much better than what Virgin offers on its Voyagers and Pendolinos. However, the new high density style seating is certainly a step backwards. The seats are much less comfortable and the overall travel experience less pleasant.

Clearly the purpose of the change is to cram more people onto the busy peak services. So more revenue for FGW (and for the Treasury) once again at our expense.

Do others feel similar or are the refurbished carriages a change for the good?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.