Callers dark nights.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Wed 9 Nov 2016, 13:07

They are appco (working for the red cross), trying to get you to sign up to direct debits to help the elderly in this area now there are NHS cuts. They are very persuasive (the callers get paid by number of successful signups), and will probably sign up a lot of elderly people who hope that their donations will then be used to benefit themselves later. Personally I don't approve of the red cross using this technique.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 9 Nov 2016, 12:45

Yes, British Red Cross or their representatives have been calling at any time of the day and don't give you much chance to answer the door. Personally I give to the BRCS annually and refuse to give to callers at the door - unless its Poppy Day!

Simon Walker
👍

Mon 7 Nov 2016, 17:45

A chap with a British Red Cross jacket on has been calling on houses in Hixet Wood at 5.30 this evening.

Vanessa
👍

Sun 6 Nov 2016, 21:17

We've had charity people knocking this time of night also irresponsible children playing "knock and run" I don't answer the door after dark unless I know I am expecting someone. It's Un nerving I must admit.

Pearl Manners
👍

Tue 1 Nov 2016, 20:24 (last edited on Tue 1 Nov 2016, 20:35)

I don't think it's very nice callers at the door dark evenings as is the case this evening about 7.30 time. Anyone else being disturbed?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.