Who wants my Vote (Debate)

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 20 Oct 2016, 09:51

I'm also delighted to feel like my vote actually counts for something in this by-election, which I certainly did not feel last time. Also, all these flyers are very useful as firelighting material- perfect timing!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 22:45

Exactly. Let's be relieved that, for once in our lives, people are actually campaigning enthusiastically for our Westminster vote, rather than (as for the past 100 years) assuming we're a "safe seat" and therefore that the views of the people of Charlbury can be ignored.

Good luck tomorrow to all the candidates who have made an effort.

russell robson
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 22:15

I have to say it would be a lot easier if we only had one candidate. I'm so confused.

nigel rosser
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 22:12

Yes. First world problems.

Miles Walkden
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 21:56

We live in a place so safe and beautiful that the biggest issues for many appear to be too many flyers and a bit of noise once a year. Lucky us.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 21:07

What would be interesting would be to know if the increasing number of people (and they're not just in Charlbury) who are saying they're not going to vote, because they have been totally put off by all the flyers actually don't vote. No way to find out of course, although no doubt the ones who've told me they won't would probably tell me if they changed their minds tomorrow.

john h
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 19:29 (last edited on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 19:31)

Have you noticed the colour of the borders and highlights of the latest Post Code Pideon,could this be a subliminal message??. I for one am "oranged out". I had 4 Courts flyers today,and as I have done with the rest, put a sticker on "unsolicited mail return to sender".
and put it back in the Post Box--- "pleases me" John H

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 17:33

Unfortunately this is down to the District Council, so it won't in that respect matter who is our next MP.

Heather Williams
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 17:18

Sadly another Robert Courts personalised flyer through my door again, how wasteful.

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 17:10

Which party out there wants my vote. Which party is willing to stand up and get the Wilderness Festival stopped on the Sunday night at 11pm or Midnight at the latest no more going on to 4 o'clock in the morning on the Monday.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.