Blessed be the cheesemakers

Lynne Stubbles
👍 4

Fri 25 Mar 2022, 10:30

28 different cheeses at the Deli...including Comte. 

Try before you buy !

Graham Wisker
👍 1

Thu 24 Mar 2022, 20:38

It's Kraft Cheese Slices for me!?;-) 😉

Matthew Greenfield
👍 1

Thu 24 Mar 2022, 20:20

Has anyone tried the Comte at the Coop? Not bad...

Edward Fenton
👍 1

Sun 23 Oct 2016, 20:26

By a strange coincidence, 'Blessed are the cheesemakers' are also the words with which Charlbury's own Rob Stepney introduced his recent report for Radio 4's 'From our own correspondent' ... Go to

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07x6j4l

and scroll forward to about 17 minutes in. There's not much about the Bell or the Wife of Bath, but a lot about heavy weaponry and the unstable political situation of present-day Albania.

Eileen Hipgrave
👍

Sun 23 Oct 2016, 12:06

I'll go to the Bell first, then go and see the Physician

Kate Smith
👍

Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:37

And I hear the Physician will be in the surgery early next week , and the Three Rioters in the Bell..

Lynne Stubbles
👍 2

Thu 20 Oct 2016, 06:52

Wife of Bath should be in the Deli early next week !

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 22:49

You are quite right, Jon! But in my defence Cenarth is on the border of Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, and if you drive up the succession of winding lanes from Newcastle Emlyn to get there it's very easy to get completely disoriented. (Let alone cycle there. I did that once and it's a heck of a climb. Lovely, though.)

Michele - completely with you on Wife of Bath - I had some of that from the Covered Market the other month and it was superb...

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍 1

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:13

Try Perl Wen next!

Cardiganshire, by the way, for the English, or Ceredigion. Just for pedantry's sake. Then again, if someone said Charlbury was in Gloucestershire, we might put them straight!

michele marietta
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:10

I feel that way about Wife of Bath cheese. Mayhaps The Deli should get some of that, too? :) Solidarity in cheese, Richard. :)

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 14:09

As a public service announcement, I should point out that the Deli currently has Perl Las cheese on sale.

Perl Las is absolutely the cheese of the gods, a beautiful, creamy blue made in rural Carmarthenshire. We made a pilgrimage to Caws Cenarth (where they make it) in the lanes above Newcastle Emlyn this summer to get some. Now it's available in Charlbury I may eat nothing else.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.