Interesting article from Larry Sanders. (Debate)

Chris Tatton
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 16:29

Whilst Larry is a decent candidate, and would get my second preference vote if we had a better electoral system. One has to bear in mind that he is unlikely to get more than a thousand votes, which might just let the very bland Tory candidate get in. My guess is that it could be a very close race between Charlbury's own Liz Leffman and the Tory.

Angus B
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 11:52

I believe 'Berk' means the same, in older cockney rhyming slang.

Charlie M
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 11:49

Good on Mr. Sanders. Sadly I was ill on the night of the hustings, and but for that would most definitely have attended. From what I read, he came across as an excellent candidate.
If I can, I shall attend for a while over the next 30 hours.
In the same breath (as it were), I ask people to remember that a vote for "Tory Boy" on Thursday will be a vote for the continued vandalism of the NHS under this government by "Jeremy" (a new term in "modern cockney rhyming slang"!).

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 10:38

Larry Sanders has started a 30 hour fast from 10.00 am today, Tuesday, protesting the dire shortfall in the NHS budget which will see its standards of service decline.

There will be a 20 minute candlelight vigil with Larry, at 7pm Tuesday 18th October outside Witney Town Hall, Market Square, Witney OX28 6AG.

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 10:27

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/18/witney-britain-david-bernie-sanders-green-party-byelection

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.