election flyers (Debate)

russell robson
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 21:52

i feel so left out, no canvasing, and no flyers. Send them my way happy to chat with the loonies and I have an amazing art project to create using the paperwork.

graham W
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 18:38

With all these election flyers entering our lives, too much information can be contradictory and confusing. Analysis Paralysis.

Alan Wilson
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 09:30

I have to agree, Trevor, that the "letter from a friend" was a pretty nasty trick, and I hope all parties will think carefully before indulging in such tactics again. I think there is a good chance, though, that common sense alone will cause them to do so, since I suspect it will have lost more votes than it gained.

Trevor Taylor
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 20:42

I can understand the enthusiasm of candidates to get their message across but the Lib Dems, bless them, are alienating voters with the sheer volume of pointless mail shots. One, this morning, appeared to be from a friend and turned out to be nothing more than propaganda. I felt conned. I was also woken this morning with a Lib Dem telephone poll about how I voted i the EU referendum. I had to explain to the youngster on the phone that in this country voting is anonymous and, therefore, private. The Tories are little better. The candidate appears so young and immature he's presumably appealing to the mothering vote. There's the usual crop of 'nutters' - who at least add some smiles to the campaign. In reality it's a two-horse race: Tories v Lib Dems. Are these the two best candidates we can muster in West Oxon? Apparently so.

David McCutcheon
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 19:58

It's all part of a deviously clever Master Plan I think. Put so much pressure on local paper recycling facilities, and the case for re-opening Dean Pit will be overwhelming!

Alan Wilson
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 14:37

Unlike some of the posters here, I welcome a certain amount of election literature. If I don't know what they are saying, I don't know who to vote for. My problem is that every flyer I read contains at least one reason why I definitely shouldn't vote for the candidate concerned. It feels like a dereliction of duty not to vote at all, but I am struggling to find anyone I am willing to be represented by....

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 14:14

Oh dear my post seems to have vanished.

Diana Limburg
👍

Mon 17 Oct 2016, 21:18

While it's perhaps a tad over the top, it's the first time in the 12+ years that I've lived here that there's been this much interest from around the political spectrum to win votes. That's got to be a good thing? Disclaimer: however much I'd like to, as a non-British EU citizen I can't vote in this election.

Heather Williams
👍

Mon 17 Oct 2016, 21:00

Sick of it all. Handwritten personalised propaganda, complete and utter waste of money, when money could be spent on the Horton or the sorry state of our roads, The Tory candidate looks like one of my 16 year old sons school friends - not a hope. All in the recycle bin.

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 17 Oct 2016, 20:37

LOL!

graham W
👍

Mon 17 Oct 2016, 20:35

Recycling bin I trust Alex F! A old adage, How do you know when a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 17 Oct 2016, 19:56

Fake self-congratulatory newspapers, fake hand-written letters. As long as you know it all goes straight in the garbage!

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 17 Oct 2016, 19:52

I will not be voting in this bi-election if I get any more "vote for me" junk through my letterbox.

There is one particular Charlbury resident who is really driving me nuts - barely a day goes by without them spamming me! It is a real turn off

I know of several others who agree with me so please stop this now!

Amanda Epps
👍

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 11:53

I was disgusted with the first leaflet from the Tory who implied that he had some role in the Solar Farm. Tim Crisp but the record straight in the Oxford Times last week. I tried to ask Courts what he meant by stating he supported Southill Solar at the Hustings but wasn't allowed to do so. I emailed him with that question afterwards and am still awaiting his reply. Liz has fought a brilliant campaign and as a postal voter, I certainly knew her policies before I voted. Ten days later, I still haven't received the Tory election address. His reception at the Hustings said it all, booed and laughed at!

graham W
👍

Fri 14 Oct 2016, 17:36

Still waiting for the Monster Raving Looney, Bus Pass Elvis, Eccentric and One Love parties leaflets!

Claire Emery
👍

Fri 14 Oct 2016, 13:55

It certainly does come through the door! Messages recieved loud and clear! In fact I had a letter from Edward McMillan -Scott urging me ( as he seems to presume I am) as a Conservative voter to lend my support to Liz Leffman! What a turn up for the books that was! Anyone else had one of these letters?

Andy Graham
👍

Thu 13 Oct 2016, 20:20

No one can say that Liz and her team haven't made everyone in the constituency know who she is and why she would make such a good MP. Even if we know in Charlbury, the literature reflects her commitment to many of the issues and if there's been alot we have to remember the coverage by the media has often been concentrated on the Conservatives and Labour. Liz's message come through your door and the door step!

Helen Chapman
👍

Wed 12 Oct 2016, 19:00 (last edited on Wed 12 Oct 2016, 19:01)

My 7-year old son said to me today "I'm surprised there isn't a Liz Leffman van to deliver all the leaflets". I *think* he was just observing all the posters in the windows, rather than monitoring our mail or reading the forum, but you never know....Anyway, Liz there's an idea for you...

Gordon Clemson
👍

Tue 11 Oct 2016, 13:42

More today ! at least the bin is empty

john h
👍

Mon 10 Oct 2016, 17:01

Liz. Please no more flyers!! My bin is full! John H

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.