Capturing ideas from our community

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 26 Nov 2016, 09:33

I like this idea. It is consistent with the town council's current work on trying to ensure that your work is visible. We really do do stuff in response to the community! We're sure we could do more, so having a community ideas page would really contribute to that in my view.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Fri 25 Nov 2016, 18:53

That's a great idea David.

David Thomas
👍

Fri 25 Nov 2016, 14:55

Richard, what's you thoughts on this?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 26 Aug 2016, 23:08

Interesting idea - I'll give it some thought. There's actually a separate sub-board for the Neighbourhood Plan (see the tab on the left) which would have some crossover with that, but it hasn't had much attention thus far!

David Thomas
👍

Fri 26 Aug 2016, 21:22

Angus, I'm suggesting that maybe the forum should have a separate tab for the community related suggestions/topics.

Angus B
👍

Fri 26 Aug 2016, 18:43

Sorry, David, but I find the diversity of topics discussed on this forum one of its most appealing attributes!

David Thomas
👍

Fri 26 Aug 2016, 17:44

Looking back through the many pages on this forum shows that Charlbury people have come up with a host of ideas that have the potential of benefiting our community as a whole. It would be great if these thoughts were more visible amongst the mass of other, more 'individual', topics such as lost phones and household repairs, etc.

Perhaps this forum should have something similar to the Government petitions website (where 100,000+ people signing-up trigger's a debate in Parliament). Obviously Charlbury numbers would be much more modest, say 25+ people (the threshold would need to be decided), who agree with a particular community-related topic would trigger inclusion in the Town Council meetings for discussion.

Council progress information could then be placed on the forum relating to the topic providing the visibility necessary to prevent suggestions simply being 'lost'.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.