Fiveways

Liz Leffman
👍

Sun 24 Jul 2016, 09:52

Thank you, Hannen!

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 24 Jul 2016, 09:16

Thank you Liz. I knew I did the right thing by voting for you!

Liz Leffman
👍

Sat 23 Jul 2016, 16:48

The bin is the responsibility of the District Council and I will ask if it can be relocated to the other side of the road.

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 22 Jul 2016, 19:44

Thank you very much Tony. They are just aspirations, not just for me but for my neighbours as well. If things can't be changed we will live with the status quo.

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 22 Jul 2016, 19:36

I am concerned by what you say Hannen but just wanted to say that all concerns such as this need to go to our Town Clerk who is the only person who knows which authority would be responsible
I think on this case the bus shelter is probably the responsibility of the bus company and the bin is put there by the district council
I will now make sure the Town Clerk is aware and will also take a look myself and see what can be done about this and let you know

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 22 Jul 2016, 18:06

Thanks for giving me the reason!

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 22 Jul 2016, 18:05

Thanks Harriet. Fair enough. Does the existing one need to be there? Also, what about the bin?

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Fri 22 Jul 2016, 18:03

There's no space on your side of the road for a bus shelter. It'd block the pavement and also the view for any vehicles coming down hixet wood.

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 22 Jul 2016, 17:55 (last edited on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 18:04)

I've posted about this before, and was assured by a Town Councillor that something would be done. Can't remember who. Nothing has been. The bus shelter is old and looks dreadful. My Wife and I clean it every quarter. Occasionally youths seem to think it great fun to try and kick the glass or whatever out. Usually late at night.
Also, the corner of our garden (by the bus stop) seems to be the local waste bin, and for years we have spent some time each week picking up cans, empty crisp packets, small bottles of wine, and very occasionally other objects which delicacy prevents me from describing in detail. Suffice it to say that I use gloves for those. This detritus is in our garden.
So - please can the bus shelter (which is in any case on the "wrong" side of the road), be removed and replaced with a modern one outside our house? We don't mind if it is modern and clean.
Also, the public bin is across the road so it's little wonder that people use our garden (by the bus stop) instead - and why should they risk life and limb by crossing the road? Again, we would have no objection to a bin outside our house, rather than in our garden!
Can a Town Councillor look into this please?
It's not just for our benefit - Bus users would, I think, find these changes very amenable. Several elderly people will occasionally use the bus stop if it is raining heavily, but they have told me that they prefer not to, because one has to look left to see the bus, and if you walk across the road to catch it you risk being squashed by someone hurtling around the Fawler Road from the right!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.