David Cameron needs a new project (Debate)

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Fri 15 Jul 2016, 23:15 (last edited on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 11:41)

Tony H Merry
👍

Thu 14 Jul 2016, 21:29

Good idea Liz lets work on him now

Grahame Ockleston
👍

Thu 14 Jul 2016, 14:46

Some things are best left unsaid !!

The state of the lane to Dean Pit has little to do with the domestic sorting facility that used to exist there. Personally I have never needed to dispose of a tractor or several large trailers and pieces of farm machinery.

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 14 Jul 2016, 13:46

Yes, I admit it is mean of me - but I'm afraid I have little sympathy for his predicament which is in my opinion entirely self-inflicted.

This is the first time that a thread I have started has been relegated to the Grease Pit. I guess it is the online equivalent of being banned from the pub by the Bull's previous owners!!

Grahame Ockleston
👍

Thu 14 Jul 2016, 13:03

Hooray
Schadenfreude is alive and well in Charlbury
What a mean unfriendly lot we are.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 15:51 (last edited on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 17:46)

Wow, from Dean Pit to Grease Pit in a matter of hours - politics does move fast these days!

As we are in the Grease Pit, I have always thought Park Street needs at least one sleeping policeman to slow traffic. A perfect job for Dave!

Simon Walker
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 15:36

Could we just check on his experience with this sort of thing first, please.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 15:09

He could organise a town referendum?

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 13:55

Glad to see people are rising to the challenge of finding him some useful work to do!

russell robson
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:53

Perhaps he could do the launch of the new Chad beer. Oh perhaps not!

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:39

Perhaps he could open Street Fair. Coincidentally, does anyone want to run a rotten fruit and cabbage stall?

Alice Brander
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:37

Don't forget the national health dentist in Witney and sorting out the miles of traffic jams as people travel to work in and around Oxford! I'm not aware that any of them have been sorted out. Maybe he could arrange for a green waste tip at Dean Pit - that would be half a help.

Ruth Williams
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:25

School Holidays soon, if not already if the kids are at private school, so a good summer project with his scythe. Also the demise of the bus service in the villages which comes into effect on the 20th July would be a another worthy project for his summer holidays!

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:30

Not according to the media he will be residing in London still due to children's education. However; should not stop him addressing the issue of Dean Pit!

Tony H Merry
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 09:57

Good idea Liz lets work on him now

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 09:46

And I have just the thing for him. Now that he will be spending more time at his constituency home in Dean, perhaps he could take a stroll down the road with Lord Chad and have a look at what used to be Dean Pit. It's a truly disgusting mess. And then they can organise a local task force to clean it up. When that's done that he can help us to find a new location. Should keep him going till 2020, or a snap election.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.