The path behind the hedge just before Banbury Hill Farm

vicky burton
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2016, 21:14

Yes I can confirm "they" have done a wonderful job of cutting back the hedge entirely. At the risk of sounding like I have nothing to do but moan about these things; I think that the pathway on the other side of the road, which has recently been improved with wood shavings; looks like it will also be difficult to navigate through stinking nettles very soon. It's such a lovely walk or run...

Helen Chapman
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2016, 17:28

Hi Tony thanks for replying. It was 214/8 and 214/9.

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2016, 16:47

Could some kind person please cut back/destroy the weeds that have grown on the narrow reserve between Fiveways and Baywell Cottage verge. The council refuse as it is not a pavement.Also all the grasses at Fiveways?

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2016, 16:45

Just to clarify
In fact the path from Banbury Hill Farm was actually put in by them so their responsibility as it is not a public footpath as such and I am sure they have just cleared it. They are pretty good and I am sure they look at the forum
Re path between Fawler and Finstock - could you look at the definitive map https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/sites/default/files/folders/documents/environmentandplanning/countryside/definitivemap/defmapPDFs/SP31NE.pdf
Which shows the foot paths and I presume it is the one labelled 214/8 Helen - is that right?

James Styring
👍

Mon 11 Jul 2016, 20:26

I saw some people cutting it back this afternoon. Forum readers, no doubt.

Helen Chapman
👍

Mon 11 Jul 2016, 19:04

Tony do Cotswold wardens cover the path between Fawler and Finstock? It's extremely overgrown with nettles and thistles etc at the moment. My jog there ladt night turned into a bit of a jungle exploration!

vicky burton
👍

Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:24

Really appreciated Tony.

Tony H Merry
👍

Mon 11 Jul 2016, 09:57

Thanks for that Vicky the Cotswold Volunteer wardens will take a look at this

vicky burton
👍

Sun 10 Jul 2016, 21:44

The path behind the hedge just before Banbury Hill Farm now has quite a few brambles and stinging nettles encumbering the path. I've got quite a few scratches whilst jogging already. Should I inform a particular party or would someone be kind enough to take some secateurs with them next time they're walking up there? I would do it myself but I imagine I'd probably get some strange looks jogging along with secateurs!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.